Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all .net dlls installed with C# express

I have Visual C# 2005 Express installed and have just installed NiDaq 8.0.0 and selected the option to install .net language support in the installer.  But inside the MeasurementStudioVS2003\DotNET\Assemblies\Current folder, the only dlls are

NationalInstruments.Common.dll
NationalInstruments.DAQmx.dll

There isn't

NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.dll

whict this article http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/E25CFC2AFCC5DA898625709D007BB733 says you have to add to the toolbox.

How can I get these components installed given I've only got Visual C# express installed (haven't had VS.Net 2003 installed either).  I've tried applying the patch from http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/58142402AAA023B4862570C7007AE4FB?opendocument&node=132060_US but this hasn't helped either.

Thanks

Russell
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,320 Views)

NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.dll installs with Measurement Studio. It does not install with NI-DAQ or Driver CD. If you only installed DAQ, only having NationalInstruments.Common.dll and NationalInstruments.DAQmx.dll is expected behavior.

- Elton

Message 2 of 5
(3,317 Views)
Ok.  So do the 2 dlls I've got allow me to do basic acquisition and waveform generation?  We currently use traditional DAQ from C++ to do synchronised wave form generation and analog acquisition (by linking a PFI line from the analog out convert to the analog in convert).  I realise the UI.WindowsForms stuff is for visual development which we don't require so perhaps DAQmx.dll and Common.dll are enough?

I've added the DAQmx.dll as a reference to a C# project so do this provide enough classes for me to do the above acquisition and generation (purely non-visually, it will be running in a separate thread) using a PCI-6052E?

Thanks

Russell
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,316 Views)

Yes, these two assemblies should be all that you need to do waveform generation and analog acquisition.

- Elton

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,311 Views)
Thanks for your help, I've got the synchronised AI/AO example up and running now which is pretty much exactly what we do with traditional daq at the moment.

Russell
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,306 Views)