Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USB 9162 carrier loader driver service failed to start

Hi.
don't know if this is the right place for this, if not please redirect the thread to the correct place.

I've developed an application using visual studio 2005 and DAQmx
It works to an extent.

what happens is that the client pc that has 2 usb 9421 and 2 9472 data aquisition cards crashes sometimes 2, sometimes 3 times a day.

while browsing through the event viewer of the client pc, i get the following message

The NI-USB 9162 Carrier Loader Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Message Edited by jonniebigodes on 06-19-2008 12:35 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,634 Views)
anyone?

any ideas
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,628 Views)

Hi,

What is your version of DAQmx, VISA, and Measurement & Automation Explorer ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,506 Views)
hi.
the version  of VISA is 4.1,  DAQmx is  NI-DAQ 8.5 and the version of Measurement & Automation Explorer is 4.2.0.3001
regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,504 Views)
Hi,

I found a Corrective Action Request, so this was reported to R & D for further investigation. For now, there is no workaround. This should be fixed in the next version of the driver.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,492 Views)
ok.

thank you for the help
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,476 Views)
i searched around some more and found out that a new version is available, NI-DAQmx 8.7.1.

which leads to my question, does this update correct this issue? or does it still exists in this version?

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,455 Views)

Hello,

The version of DAQmx concerned by this bug is 8.7, I don't know if it includes 8.7.1, the CAR is not closed, I doubt it is corrected yet. But you could try installing it and testing if it works. If so, keep me in touch !

Have a great evening !

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,452 Views)