Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-8451 .net c# support

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm looking into probably getting the NI USB-8451 but have a few questions.

I'll be using c# for making an app.  

Is there .net c# library for the usb-8451 so I can take advatnage of i2c , spi and all that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,695 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cheece2001

Hi cheece2001,

To my knowledge there is unfortunately only a C API for the USB-8451. The user manual, found here: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371746e.pdf details all the C commands. Examples also come with the NI-845x driver download if you want to look at these. This downlad is found here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-845x-15.0/5611/en/ The driver readme also only lists support for "Microsoft Visual C/C++ 6.0 (or newer)"

Hope this helps!

Selene
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,677 Views)

hi 

I'll be using c# for making an app too.

can you share your source code ?

I need that code very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,614 Views)

Until now, i was only able to communicate and use the dio function as a switch and still looking on how to use the i2c function in c#

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,677 Views)

You've to call the c dll in C#.

We have succeeded in using all the features of the 845x library in C# but couldn't share any of that development as those are proprietary.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 5 of 8
(1,673 Views)

Just tried to call all of those and managed to resolved all of the thrown errors, the master acknowledged the slave address already but my problem lately was; when I run my code, it stops right after the  ni845xI2cWriteRead.TIA function.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,667 Views)

At last, I managed to make it work with a lot of exerted effort for several days.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,613 Views)

@Jepoy182 wrote:

At last, I managed to make it work with a lot of exerted effort for several days.

If it is not proprietary, please attach the code as reference for others.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,601 Views)