From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI-6511 digital I/O device

I've installed Measurment and Automation Explorer 4.7.1f8 as we do not have device physically so I created virtual PXI-6511 digital device.

with following attributes

NI-PXI-6511"PXI1Slot2"

Serial Number 0x0

PXI Slot Number 2

PXI Chassis Number 1

I passed self test and test panel work fine so at this point I assume virtual device works OK.

Is there any VB.net example to communicate with device

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,809 Views)

Hi AyazHoda,

The links below may help you to get started. The first will describe what software you can use and what drivers you need. The second will take you to some example code.

Programming NI-DAQ in Text-Based Languages

Using NI-DAQmx in Text Based Programming Environments

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What software package are you using to code it in and are you using Measurement Studio Add-On?

Regards

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,786 Views)

Hi AyazHoda,

The links below may help you to get started. The first will describe what software you can use and what drivers you need. The second will take you to some example code.

Programming NI-DAQ in Text-Based Languages

Using NI-DAQmx in Text Based Programming Environments

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What software package are you using to code it in and are you using Measurement Studio Add-On?

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,786 Views)

Thanks for reply

There are few questions as this is first time I'm trying to achieve this task.

I have three cards PXI 6511, PXI 6512 and PXI 4070, these card will communicate with testing machine.

At this point of time, physicall card is not install on system, I am just simulating it using available examples .

But is there any developer reference guide in VB.Net ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,781 Views)

I am still unsure of what you are trying to do but if you go to the 'Developer Zone' on the NI site and search for vb.net then you should find some information to help you.

Good luck

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,779 Views)