From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 488.2 .NET Framework 4 Help cannot be found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello I've just installed the No 488.2 Drivers (Version 3.0) and I'd like to use it with Visual Studio 2010 C#. However, I cannot access the NI488.2 .Net Framework 4 Help, as it points to a nonexistent page of the msdn and it returns: "Page not Found".

I have installed ,NET Framework 4.0 Language Support, but I cannot access the help. What might be the problem?

Thanks,

Benjamin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by schwabe111

Hi Benjamin,

Sadly, Microsoft made changes to their help software that released with Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0 which made it difficult for us to automatically configure the help for our software. This has been fixed with Visual Studio 2010 SP1, but in the meantime I have linked below two approaches to configuring the help with Visual Studio 2010. Keep in mind that the help for our .NET APIs are part of the Measurement Studio help, but Measurement Studio is not required to install these help files.

The automatic method:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8C2C52759863304D86257811007F709C?OpenDocument

The manual method:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/472FF9446B53386B8625788100642EEB?OpenDocument

National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(5,386 Views)

I am using VS2010 Express SP1 and tried the manual help instructions you referenced.  There are 3 help files on my machine.  The files BaseDocs_helpcontentsetup.msha and MStudioDaq_helpcontentsetup.msha installed, but Common_helpcontentsetup.msha fails with an exception.

Thanks.

-reilly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,362 Views)

I have not seen this problem before. What exception is the help returning?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,357 Views)

An error occurred while updating local content: Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.CacheLibBadPackageException: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\HelpLibrary\content\National Instruments\incoming\4c78cfb9-a8df-4909-a402-139d1a87a1a9\NINETCommon.mshc
at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.<>c__DisplayClass5c.<VerifyAndExtractPackages>b__58(String cabFile)
at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Extensions.Each[T](IEnumerable`1 that, Action`1 lambda)
at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.VerifyAndExtractPackages(VendorName vendorName, ChangeDescription change, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)
at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.IntegrateChange(VendorName vendorName, ChangeDescription change, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)
at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.Update(VendorName vendorName, Boolean checkForOnlineUpdates, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)
at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.CacheManager.<>c__DisplayClass24.<UpdateAsync>b__23()
at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.AsyncOperationRunner.Run(Object state)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,205 Views)

If you are referring to the same issue as was posted jjreilly, then try running C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\MeasurementStudio\Help Configuration Utility\HelpConfigurationUtility.exe instead of installing the files manually.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,191 Views)