From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My chart won't show data anymore.

I didn't change the code for my chart at all and it won't display data anymore.  I ran an old copy and that one worked so I pasted that chart and legend in the newer version and it still wouldn't display data.  Then I took the newest version minus a few changes that I had pulled from the network drive this morning (it worked) and it STILL won't show data.  All of the text boxes are, but the chart is showing nothing.

At the same time I noticed this problem, the computer seemed to bog way down, although the task manager does not reveal this.  Even with low processor usage it is taking several minutes for the PC to load or close visual studio and several minutes to run the program.  If I pause, I can see that it is getting stuck on initialize components.

I put a break point in the code that charts data (I have not changed this code in weeks) and it is making it to that point.  For some reason the chart is not repainting or something.  Earlier today I started the program and the chart did not even show up so I restarted the program and it was there the next time.

What is going on?!?!
Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,343 Views)
I fixed the chart problem, but VS. NET is really slow...

And by slow I mean it is taking 2 minutes to load and then another 2 minutes to run.  It is spending a lot of time in InitializeComponents.  This is not typical.  Until today, it has not taken anywhere near this long.

Any ideas?

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,340 Views)
This is just a guess, but perhaps this KB might help.

There might be something else involved as well, since this program used to work at some point and then started behaving erratically recently. Try creating a simple project from scratch and see if you still run into this kind of problem (chart not plotting and taking a long time to load).

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,331 Views)
The chart problem was my own fault and doesn't have anything to do with slow loading times.  I figured that out after I made this post.  I followed the instructions in that KB and I will let you know if it helps.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,326 Views)
Instant gratification.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,318 Views)