From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate to .Net 4.7 NI assemblies unlicensed

Hi,

We were developing projects targeting to .Net 4.6 using Measurement Studio 2015, and everything was working fine - the projects were built successfully with both Visual Studio 2017 and Jenkins( which uses MSBuild building the same solution files as VS2017). 

But as soon as we migrated our projects to .Net 4.7, Visual Studio 2017 build worked fine as usual but Jenkins build started popping up with 'NI assemblies unlicensed' error messages to all the NI assemblies that are referenced in the projects. The Visual Studio and Jenkins were building exactly the same solutions with exactly the same license file configurations. But why only Visual Studio worked? I was wondering if there are some NI license caching somewhere that Jenkins could probably looking for? If so, I can do a cleaning up of all the NI license caching so that Jenkins can pick up the right information? And after rolling back the pc to previous restore point, everything worked again.

I am not discussing about Jenkins build, but I would like to know if NI caches license information somewhere? Or how does NI do licensing during compile?

Thank you very much,

OxTS software team

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,959 Views)