Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement studio strange exception

I'm just clearing up any outstanding issues we have with out software and one issue that comes up is a strange exception that I'm having trouble reproducing but is occuring often enought to require fixing. We have upgraded to 8.1 (not sure if it happened before) and when first plotting a chart now  the following is sometimes thrown. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should start looking (especially as the stack trace seems to indicate something I have no control over i.e no start point for me to try to find.) It's normally the first time a waveform plot is generated which causes a red x through the plot but then the application continues on fine.

Object is currently in use elsewhere.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLines(Pen pen, PointF[] points)
   at NationalInstruments.UI.Internal.x.a(Graphics A_0, Rectangle A_1, PointFArrayCollection A_2)
   at NationalInstruments.UI.Internal.a9.a(ComponentDrawArgsInternal A_0)
   at NationalInstruments.Restricted.ControlElement.a(ComponentDrawArgsInternal A_0, Rectangle A_1, Boolean A_2)
   at NationalInstruments.Restricted.ControlElement.DrawChildren(ComponentDrawArgsInternal args, Rectangle clipRectangle)
   at NationalInstruments.Restricted.ControlElement.a(ComponentDrawArgsInternal A_0, Rectangle A_1, Boolean A_2)
   at NationalInstruments.Restricted.ControlElement.DrawChildren(ComponentDrawArgsInternal args, Rectangle clipRectangle)
   at NationalInstruments.Restricted.ControlElement.a(ComponentDrawArgsInternal A_0, Rectangle A_1)
   at NationalInstruments.Restricted.ControlElement.Paint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.ControlBase.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,116 Views)

Can you attach a sample application that reproduces this problem?

Thanks

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,098 Views)
I tracked this down to some cross thread issues in our code, a background thread was getting a bitmap image of the chart whilst another was working on it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,068 Views)