From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement studio 2015 installer does not recognise Device Drivers Disc

Good morning,

I am trying to install Measurement Studio 2015 on a new Machine. It is already loaded with LabView 2012 SP1, NiDaqmx 9.8.0 (which our company uses)

In order to some C# applications work on this new machine we need Measurement Studio Integrated with Visual Studio 2010 (preferably). I tried finding an Installer for Measurement Studio 2012 but did not have any luck. I am now trying to install Measurement Studio 2015.

The installation process has gone as far as asking for NI Drivers Disc, how ever I have tried the following:

- Ni Drivers DVD (Feb 2013)

- Ni Drivers DVD (Aug 2013)

- Ni Drivers DVD extracted to hard drive (Aug and Feb 2013)

- Ni Drivers .Zip (Aug 2013, from NI website)

but the installer does not recognize any of these! It just says that the media does not contain necessary files. I am going to download the latest version of Drivers and try that, but any idea what the issue could be? the message does not specify any particular version of Drivers Disc.

Best,

Message 1 of 8
(4,114 Views)

Hi Hatefk,

Have you tried importing Measurement Studio 2015 to Visual Studio 2010? According to this link they are both comparable:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C204CAC86509342286256BBC00710918

-Mitchell | NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,084 Views)

Thanks Mitchel,

But my problem is that I cannot Install Measurement Studio completely because it asks for Device Drivers Disk and No matter what I try, the MStudio's Installer does not recognize the Device n Drivers Disc!

(Once I get the MStudio's installer accept that disc, I will be able to see if VS will work with it or not!)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,082 Views)

Could you please send a screenshot of what you are seeing and a detailed description of the steps you are taking?

What is currently installed and how are you attempting to install Measurement Studio?

What do you mean by "the MStudio's Installer does not recognize the Device n Drivers Disc"?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,070 Views)

I have tried explaining the problem in the Original post.

However, I am installing MStudio 2015, if you are familiar with the processes, in the last step, it requires the NI Devices and Drivers Disc. when I insert the DVD s that I have got from Ni, or point it towards the location of unzipped NI Devices and Drivers Disc, it is unable to recognize them (as if the disc drive is empty or the location I am pointing it to does not exist.) It does not show an error message, just keeps popping up the "Insert the Disc dialog".

as for screenshots, I am not able to produce them for you instantly as the installation process is very long and the computer I am trying to install it is not in my possession ATM.

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,067 Views)

What specific drivers does it need?

You can download and install Measurement Studio 2015 from this link and activate it using your serial number.

http://www.ni.com/download/measurement-studio-2015/5333/en/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,057 Views)

@mfaltin

@mfaltin wrote:

What specific drivers does it need?

You can download and install Measurement Studio 2015 from this link and activate it using your serial number.

http://www.ni.com/download/measurement-studio-2015/5333/en/

This is the question that the original post is asking. The Measurement Studio installer asks for drivers to be installed. It does not tell you which ones or where to find them. You need to tell us, so we can download the right ones.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,109 Views)

I faced the same problem and have to admit that the way these "installer" works is ridiculous...

Why the Measurement Studio download website does not include all the necessary installers?!

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,655 Views)