From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Studio 2015 merge modules?

I have multiple projects written in C/C++/C# that use Measurement Studio 2013 or 2015. I recently had to upgrade from VS2013 to VS2015. I use WiX to build my installers and have followed the recommendations found on NI's website. For most of these projects, the version of Measurement Studio doesn't really matter so I have stuck with 2013. For one project, I must use 2015 because of features it provides that 2013 does not.

My main question is: Does Measurement Studio 2015 provide merge modules for use with WiX or not? This page suggests it does:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375857A-01/xml/netmergemodules/

However, I do not have these merge modules on my machine, so if they exist, how do I get them? I would prefer to keep using WiX vs. the Measurement Studio Installer Builder because I have everything set up for it and I know it. I also frequently bundle a variety of installers for specific applications and I haven't found a convenient way to do that with the output of the installer builder.

I realize this is a complicated topic and it's my second post on these issues. Is the web page I linked correct? If it is, where are my merge modules? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,024 Views)

Anybody? I could really use an answer here. There is conflicting information on your own website, so please clarify for the community what is the correct answer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,983 Views)