Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting AutoScaleLoose to displayed data only

If I use a large waveform plot History, can I autoscale the range to the displayed data only?

How do I go about this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,310 Views)
I thought that was the default behavior for the waveform graphs? Are you saying that an axis, in auto-scale-loose or auto-scale-exact mode, is scaling to data not contained within the visible plot area?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,274 Views)
I am not sure I understand the nature of the question. When the axis is auto scaled, it takes into account all of the plot data to determine its new minimum and maximum values. If the axis were to "auto scale" based on the displayed data only, then, basically, the axis would not be changing its minimum or maximum values at all. Please could you elaborate what it is you are trying to accomplish? You might want to look into the Mode property of the axis and set this to Fixed to see if this accomplishes the behavior you are trying to describe.
Abhishek Ghuwalewala | Measurement Studio | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,252 Views)
Firstly, thanks for the replys.

I want to have a stripchart type of display, where the plot is constantly updated over time and scrolls leftwards. This is working by setting the Mode of the XAxis to StripChart.

However, the problem is occuring in the YAxis. I want the YAxis range to automatically update as new data is plotted and the plot scrolls left. Obviously, this needs to be to be only the displayed data, and not the complete plot history. It doesn't seem to work this way, as the range seems to be based on the complete history capacity and not on the displayed data.

I could limit the history capacity to the length of the XAxis range, but I would prefer to retain a large plot history, as I want to be able to dynamically change the XAxis range to view the plot history over a longer or shorter period.

Should I be trying to do this programmaticaly? Surely there is a simpler way?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,188 Views)