From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ivi.Visa.Interop missing

Hi vchandra,

It sounds like this is an issue with the installation of NI-VISA being faulty. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling, or force reinstalling NI-VISA? Is this the first time you installed NI-VISA on this computer?

Also, this thread is 4 years old so you may want to post your question in a new thread so that it gets for visibility in the community. 

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(2,434 Views)

"Failed to install command set '34401 Digital Multimeters'. Could not load file or assembly 'Ivi.Visa.Interop, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a128c98f1d7717c1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I get the above error when I try to use Agilent 34401A digital multimeter with the National Instrument GPIB-USB-HS adaptor combination. This is happening when I try to install the command sets for Agilent 34401A using Keysight command expert. 

More info:- 

This is what exactly I do in keysight command expert 

New Instrument >> Connect to a real Instrument >> Next >> Selected ESG -D4000B - B.03.86 - US38440605 >> Next >> Selected ESG Signal Generators >> Next >>Add to my instrument >> Getting an error after progress window..

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(1,397 Views)