Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ivi.Visa.Interop missing

Hello

First of all, please excuse me if this is not the right place to ask this.

I found some similar questions from the past, but no relevant answer. I have a Visual Studio projects that references to files: GlobMgr.dll and Ivi.Visa.Interop.dll. My assumption was that they should be installed by the NI VISA package, but they are not present.

By the way, on a different computer, I can see them in the folder Program Files\IVI Foundation\VISA\VisaCom\

Could you tell me if these files are installed by something else than NI VISA?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(20,289 Views)
Install the IVI Compliance Package.

Note: the link to the package seems to be broken right now.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(20,275 Views)
I forgot to mention that, the IVI compliance package is already installed. Just to make sure, I reinstalled VISA and the IVI compliance package with almost all options selected (except .NET 1.1 and VS2008) and the files are still missing. So, is it possible that those files are provided by some other package? Or am I doing something wrong during the installation?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(20,262 Views)

@mikel_jo wrote:
I forgot to mention that, the IVI compliance package is already installed. Just to make sure, I reinstalled VISA and the IVI compliance package with almost all options selected (except .NET 1.1 and VS2008) and the files are still missing. So, is it possible that those files are provided by some other package? Or am I doing something wrong during the installation?

On this Windows 7 64-bit PC, the files are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation\VISA\VisaCom and C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\VISA\VisaCom64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(20,249 Views)

Hi, Thanks for the answer! But I know the location where the files should be, as I see them on a different computer, it's just that on my computer they are not installed. My problem right now is that I do not know what package should install those files - does anybody have any idea about that?

By the way, in the IVI Foundation\VISA folder I only see a subfolder named WinNT, but no VisaCom.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(20,244 Views)

@mikel_jo wrote:

Hi, Thanks for the answer! But I know the location where the files should be, as I see them on a different computer, it's just that on my computer they are not installed. My problem right now is that I do not know what package should install those files - does anybody have any idea about that?

By the way, in the IVI Foundation\VISA folder I only see a subfolder named WinNT, but no VisaCom.

Which OS do you have?

I suspect that your NI-VISA installation was not complete.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(20,229 Views)

It's Win7, 32 bit.

It looks indeed like there was a problem during the installation, but how could I diagnose it further - is there an error log somewhere, or some way to see what went wrong?

Also, it's not clear yet which one is the installer responsible for those files: VISA or the IVI Compatibility Package?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(20,225 Views)

@mikel_jo wrote:

It's Win7, 32 bit.

It looks indeed like there was a problem during the installation, but how could I diagnose it further - is there an error log somewhere, or some way to see what went wrong?

Also, it's not clear yet which one is the installer responsible for those files: VISA or the IVI Compatibility Package?

I would try NI-VISA first.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(20,217 Views)

Thanks, his was also what I suspected; I could confirm it now by installing VISA on a fresh computer, and the ivi.visa.interop dll is present. So there must be a problem with my computer that prevents the installation of the dll there.

By the way, a different question coming out of this: after installing the 14.01 version of VISA, the NI update service is no longer able to contact the NI site and search for updates - is anybody else seeing this?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(20,143 Views)

I am facing same issue. Can you share with me how you solved this ?

Thanks,

Vinoth

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(15,405 Views)