From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InstallerBuilder can't find runtime installers

When trying to build an installer for my program, the builder allows including dependent runtime installers. It does display a list of three runtime installers (analysis, common, UI), but it can't find them. Where are these runtime installers located? Are they an optional package or feature that I need to install independent of the base Measurement Studio 2015 installation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,902 Views)

Hi brandle,

Could you post a screenshot of the components you are curious about? I think they might be located in the product cache, located at C:\ProgramData\NationalInstruments\MDF\ProductCache

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,866 Views)

Hi Austin,

Thanks for the reply. So, when I re-opened MS InstallerBuilder, it looked ok, so I duplicated the initial problem to get a screenshot. See the attached file "before.png". In this state, It wont let me save the .ipp file (because of the errors [why not? what if I wanted to save the previous information I entered and come back to it later?]. So, in order to save it, what I did was 1) Uncheck the "Include Dependent Installers" checkbox, 2) uncheck each of the runtime checkboxes, 3) save the file, 4) exit installer builder. I then restarted the Installer Builder, went to "NI Drivers & Components" and checked the "Include Dependent Installers" checkbox. Note that even though the box is now checked, the list is not populated with anything. Exit Installer Builder. Finally, start Installer Builder yet again and go to the "Ni Drivers & Components" screen and now the list is populated with no errors and it appears to have found everything. See the "after.png" screenshot.

So, it appears I'm good to go now, but I don't know why what I did made it work.

-Bill

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,862 Views)

I am having the same issue. When you first create the *.iip file the builder interface list all of the installers on the machine. But when I close the *.iip file and reopen the file the builder acts like it can not find the installers that were selected. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,458 Views)

I had the same problem. I solved it by downloading the installers manually from the ni website. This was a pain in the ass and more of a trial and error aproach.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,175 Views)