Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade ActiveX container MFC 4.2 to MFC 7.0?Install VC++.net?

Dear Elton Wells,

The following is the answer you gave me.I still have a question for you answer.Do I need to upgrade my VC++6.0 to VC++.net in order to support windowless controls? or I just need to upgrade measurement studio for VC++.net?Would you please tell me how to upgrade ActiveX container MFC 4.2 to MFC 7.0 in detail?Thank you very much!

Answer from Elton:
"You can do this by making the control windowless (set the Windowless property to true). Note that the ActiveX container in MFC 4.2 (which ships with Visual C++ 6.0) does not support windowless controls, but the ActiveX container in MFC 7.0 (which ships with Visual C++ .NET) does support windowless controls. If you're using Measu
rement Studio for Visual C++ and do not have the free update for Visual C++ .NET, see the National Instruments and Visual Studio .NET page for more information. Also, Visual Basic's ActiveX container also supports windowless controls.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,640 Views)
MFC 7.0 ships with Visual C++ .NET. To use MFC 7.0 and Measurement Studio for Visual C++ libraries together, you will need to a.) install Visual C++ .NET, then b.) request the free update of Measurement Studio for Visual C++ .NET and install it. Also, if you decide to go this route, please make sure to read the README for Measurement Studio for Visual C++ .NET. There is a known issue with MFC 7.0's support for windowless controls that the README documents how to work around.

- Elton
Message 2 of 2
(4,640 Views)