Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to persist changes made at run-time by Property Editor control?

Just playing around with the property editor control of MS v8 - very cool!

I didn't dig too deeply into the documentation, but is it possible for the changes made by a property editor control at run-time to persist to subsequent program executions? For example, if I change a plot color to red from the standard green with the property editor, the next time I run the program the plot reverts to it's original green color.

Also (sorry - this should probably go in it's own topic, but I'm lazy): is MS 8.0 completely backwards compatible with 7.1? That is, will all code referencing 7.1 assemblies "just work" with 8.0 installed over top? I'm using VS 2003 (only because Microsoft broke backwards compatibility with VS 2005)

Thanks,

Shea
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,053 Views)

There is nothing built into PropertyEditor that will persist property settings between application executions. PropertyEditor simply provides a way to visually and interactively edit the value of a property. In terms of persisting settings, you would need to handle this similarly to how you would handle any other programmatic changes that you make to your user interface.

Measurement Studio 8.0 is mostly backwards compatible with Measurement Studio 7.1. The very few backwards compatibility breaking changes that exist are documented in the Measurement Studio 8.0 readme.

- Elton

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,048 Views)
Thanks - that answers both of my questions.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,043 Views)