From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I set the color map of a 3d graph programmatically using visual basic .net?

I’m currently working in visual basic .net and need to both change the colors of a 3d contour plot and eventually create legend for that plot. I also would like to draw graphics over the plot (a circle for example), representing the geometry of the current data I am plotting.  This all needs to be done programmatically, not thru the properties setup of the 3dgraph.  How can this be done? 

Thank you,

Russ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,041 Views)

Hi Russ,

I am assuming that you are using the CWGraph3D Control so here is some information on this. First off, attached is a 3DGraph example that demonstrates how to programmatically set certain zoom features.  I know that you are not looking at zoom features, but as soon as you type in the GraphName and then the dot operator (Graph.), you will see a list of available methods and properties.  For example, the name of the 3D graph in the example is Graph3D1. See below for a quick example of some code. 

'Create the caption "Temperature vs. Time"
CWGraph3D1.Caption = "Temperature vs. Time"
'Set the caption text color to red
CWGraph3D1.CaptionColor = vbRed
'Set the caption background color to green
CWGraph3D1.BackColor = vbGreen
'Set the caption font to bold
CWGraph3D1.Font.Bold = True

Here is a link to a great tutorial on 3D graphs.  I am also attaching the CWGraph3D help file so you can see a list of the properties. This help file can be found at Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> Measurement Studio >> Help >> Measurement Studio Reference.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,029 Views)
Perfect! Thanks Jonathan. I didnt have those help files and was having a hell of a time trying to guess the correct format.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,010 Views)