Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one install the help file for the National Instruments .NET drivers?

Hi,

I have a PC (Windows XP Pro) containing DevStudio 2005.
I have installed the .NET drivers (8.0.1) and can compile successfully against them using C#, but there's no sign of the associated help file containing the driver class library documentation.
How does one install the help?
I've double-checked that the National Instruments help categories are NOT present in the .NET help system.  I can see all of the "standard" categories associated with MSDN but nothing for National Instruments.  I've also searched the National Instruments sub-directory under Program Files looking for a suitable file but with no success.  What should the file be called?

Regards
David Razzetti

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,176 Views)
Hi David,

Are you using Measurement Studio 8.0.1?
If so which flavour Base, Full, Enterprise?

Which driver help files are you looking for DAQ, GPIB, or MStudio Help file?
What Hardware do you have/are you trying to talk to?

I assume by DevStudio 2005 you mean Visual Studio 2005?
Which flavour of VStudio 2005 do you have?

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,155 Views)

Hi James,

I was looking for the helps for the (DAQ) .Net class libraries for driving a PXI-6259 card.  Normally when an installation adds a help file to the Visual Studio combined help collection, it is immedately available for use.  You sometimes have to go looking for it in the "Filtered by:" drop-down list box, but following the installation of the version 8.0.1 drivers there was no sign of it.  It happily appeared in the Dev Studio 2003 help system when installed onto a PC containing Dev Studio 2003 only, and it also appeared in the 2003 version when installed onto a machine with both 2003 & 2005 version installed.

I eventually found out that one has to use the "Visual Studio 2005 Combined Help Collection Manager" to manually add the National Instruments help to the Visual Studio 2005 helps.  There's a link from the front page of the help system when you open it from the Start menu (rather than opening it from within Visual Studio 2005).

Thank you for replying anyway.

Regards

David Razzetti

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,149 Views)
Hello David,

.NET Framework 2.0 support did not ship until DAQ 8.1.0.  If your help is only showing up in VS2003 it is probably because you only have the .NET Framework 1.1 support, which is specifically targeted at Visual Studio .NET 2003.  Try using a later version of DAQ and making sure to select the .NET Framework 2.0 support feature in the installer.  This should automatically add the help file to the Visual Studio Combined Collection as well as provide better support for VS2005 since it is specifically targeted at that compiler/framework version.

-Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,134 Views)