Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen WaveFormGraph - MStudio 8.1.1, VS 2005 and VS2003

I am having a problem with the WaveFormGraph freezing my application.

Vistual Studio 2003 & 2005 (C#)
Measurement Studio Professional 8.1.1
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Processor: Xeon 3GHz CPU
RAM: 2 GB

Please see the example code attached. The application freezes in 2 scenarios:

Scenario #1: Autoscaling = ON and a large change in plot value occurs

If the Y axis major tick values are mostly the duplicate values, and then there is a large increase in the value, the application hangs, in some cases for up to 5-10 minutes.

You can see this by running the attached sample application. The mass is initially 0.0000 and then after 5 seconds changes to 0.0001. With Autoscaling switched ON this results in the Y axis having duplicate values. If you then click the Scenario 1 button, the mass is set to 100.1234. The application then hangs.

Scenario 2: Autoscaling ON and then changed to FIXED

Similar to the above scenario. You can see this by restarting and re-running the attached sample application AGAIN. The mass is initially 0.0000 and then after 5 seconds changes to 0.0001. If you then click the Scenario 2 button, the scale is set to FIXED and the application hangs.

The exact same behaviour occurs in VS2005 as well and I note that VS 2005 uses a different version of the controls.

Can someone point out what the problem is? Is this a bug that needs to be fixed? My customers have reported this issue in my software - I need an answer ASAP...

Many thanks,

Richard

Message Edited by richard42 on 07-11-2008 10:54 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,867 Views)