From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File or assembly name 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089', or one of its dependencies was not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Im having a problem. I'm writing a program in Visual studio 2008 language C# for Windows CE in a liliput machine.

when i execute the program in windows 7, i dont have any problem, but when i try to run my program in Windows CE i get the following exception (The projecto for Windows CE was created to run in this operating system):

MissingMethodException was unhandled

File or assembly name 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089', or one of its dependencies was not found.

The references of my program are:

mscorlib.dll (Version 2.0.0.0) (RunTime versio 2.0.0.0) - This dll don't exist in the program for Windows 7,  emerged when i created the project for windows CE

NationalInstruments.Vision.dll (Version 11.0.35.102)

NationInstruments.Vision.Common.dll (Version 11.0.35.102)

System.dll (Version 2.0.0.0)

System.Data.dll (Version 2.0.0.0)

System.Deployment.dll (Version 2.0.0.0)

System.Drawing.dll (Version 2.0.0.0)

System.Windows.Forms.dll (Version 2.0.0.0)

System.XML.dll (Verision 2.0.0.0)

In all of this References the Runtime Version is : v2.0.50727 (This is the versions that Windows CE of liliput machine can Run ?)

Someone can help me? I'm not sure why i'm getting that exception

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(15,573 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UM_APS

Hello UM and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry I don't really understand what are you doing, you develop applications with Visual Studio 2008 and then deploy it on Windows CE, or use it directly in windows CE ? (I ask that because Visual Studio isn't supported on Windows CE : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7940)

Furthermore, which NI device are you using ? What's the goel of your project ?

Thanks for answers,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(15,555 Views)

Hello,

I created a project in visual studio 2008 in my pc with windows 7, with the option Smart Device -> Windows CE -> .NET Compact Fremework Version 2.0.

I have developped an application made in Imaq Vision, that then was converted for C#, and then used in visual studio. The next step is run the project in a machine that has a windows ce operating system.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(15,547 Views)

This isn´t the solution, can help me please?

Thanks.

Ana.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(15,449 Views)

Measurement Studio .NET controls and libraries are not compatible with the .NET Compact Framework. Windows CE only supports the Compact Framework. Measurement Studio requires the Full .NET Framwork. The Compact Framework is a trimmed down version designed spefically for mobile and embedded. Similarly, Measurement Studio is also not compatible withe the .NET Framework Client Profile.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(15,439 Views)