Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising a Simulated PXI-6529

Summary:  Attempting to use C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DotNET4.5\Digital\Generate Values\WriteDigChan\CS or C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DotNET4.5\Digital\Generate Values\WriteDigPort\CS to access a simulated PXI-6529 results in error -200012 "Specified physical channel does not support digital output."

Steps to recreate:

• Open NI-MAX
  • Right click on "Devices and Interfaces"
  • Select "Create New..." from the context menu
  • Select "Simulated NI-DAQmx Device or Modular Instrument" from the "Create New..." dialog
  • Click the "Finish" button
  • Type "6529" in the "Create Simulated NI-DAQmx Device" dialog and select the resulting "PXI-6529" entry
  • Click the "OK" button
  • Click "Reset" and observe "The device was reset successfully"
  • Click "Self-Test" and observe "The self test completed successfully"
  • Click "Test Panels..." to reveal test panel.  Note that all configuration buttons are disabled.
  • In NI-MAX, click "Settings" tab and note "Name" (in my case, it's "PXI1Slot2")
  • Make a copy of C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DotNET4.5\Digital\Generate Values\WriteDigChan\CS and open in Visual Studio
  • Build and run WriteDigChan
  • In the WriteDigChan "Lines" combobox, replace "Dev1" with the "Name" copied from the simulated PXI-6529 "Settings" tab in NI-MAX.  For me, this results in "PXI1Slot2/Port0/line0:7"
  • Click the "Write" button on the WriteDigChan dialog and observe a MessageBox reporting error -200012 "Specified physical channel does not support digital output."

Does this example work for anyone else?  Am I even using example code that should work?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,669 Views)