Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exe file will not start using a Measurement studio 2013 component

Hello,

I use Meausrement studio 2013 with visual studio 2012 and vbnet on windows 7.

On a new project (windows form application), i use a form and a ScatterGraph component. I compile, no errors and it works fine. 

Now, i try to start this application on a another Windows 7 station. (The framework 4.5 is installed on its station).

The exe file is in a directory with the natrional Instruments dll files.

The exe file will not start, no errors.

PS: Before, with Meausrement studio 2010 and visual studio 2010 all worked fine

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,065 Views)

I try now to do a setup file.

I have now a message : Missing assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.190'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,038 Views)

Sorry, it is not the right message :

The good one is " Require NationalInstruments.MStudioCLM version 13.0.40.190 need to be installed in Global Assembly Cache"

If someone can help me please.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,018 Views)

Hi, virgule

It sounds like you are using the "Publish" feature in Visual Studio (a.k.a., ClickOnce) for deployment, is that correct? If so, unfortunately ClickOnce is not supported by Measurement Studio components.

If you are looking for a good way to deploy Measurement Studio applications, I would highly recommend upgrading to Measurement Studio 2015, which ships with Measurement Studio Installer Builder. You can read more about this here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52669/en/

If you cannot update to Measurement Studio 2015 and are using Visual Studio 2013, NI recommends using WiX for creating your installer. More information on WiX deployment can be found here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/764B727C9BD2C4C686257C970053D059

Thanks,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,994 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

Before Visual Studio 2012, with Visiual Studio 2010 and Measurement studio 2010, it was just necessary to put the National Instruments dll with exe file in a directory.

Now, with Visiual Studio 2013, it seems now impossible to do that. (No errors, but the exe will not start)

We will try the WiX solution because the clickOnce is not supported.

We are interested in a simple solution to deploy our software without rights administrator.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,979 Views)

Hi, virgule

Using WiX will help you create an installer, but since it is based on Windows installer technology (MSI), you will need to run the installer as an administrator on the computer. Another alternative you have at your disposal is simple XCOPY based deployment in which you create a batch file which copies files from a deployment folder to the proper locations on a target machine. We have information on XCOPY deployment here: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/52522/en/

Thanks,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,949 Views)

Hi, D Cubed

Thank for the information on XCOPY.

Now we fix the install, by using the last version of Measurement studio (2015). With it, we can deploy our software by a simple copy of a directory wich contains the exe file and the 3 National instruments dll (common, ui, ui.windowsforms). 

Regards

Message 7 of 8
(4,913 Views)

Hello.  

I have the same problem as you had.

I have finished my project with measurement studio 2015 and visual studio 2013. Now I would like to copy the my executable project on another PC which does not have NI license.

However, after executing the file, the program is automatically finished without showing any message.

I think that just copying the release or dubeg folder does not solve the problem. 

How did you solve this problem? 

Thank you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,738 Views)