Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reporting and NiErServer.exe

Can anyone provide some insights into error reporting via NiErServer.exe?  I see this server is running in the background but I don’t know how to use it.

According to the documentation if an error does occur in my NI software a dialog pops up with an error report. Anyone tell me how I can access the error reports manually? Are they stored somewhere?

Second, my customer appears to have 2 NiErServer.exe running at the same time -

NiErServer.exe

NiErServer.exe *32

How is this possible and is this a problem?

Thanks

Damian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,197 Views)

Hello zappledd,

The NiErServer.exe is the process that allows crash reports to be sent directly to NI when a crash or internal warning occurs. It is not intended to allow the user to send reports manually. If you are experiencing a crash or other unexpected behavior that you think NI should be notified about, you can contact NI support by using the following link. 

Contact Us
http://www.ni.com/contact-us/en-us

However, you can access the error log files manually. The link below explains how to find the files.

Where Is the Error Log File Saved after a LabVIEW Crash?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7E9EBE4CA3B6DCE786257633005E7121?OpenDocument

The two instances of the NiErServer is expected behavior. There is one instance for 32bit and one for 64bit NI software. 

Best of luck on your project!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,173 Views)

we use your software for work and study, instead it only creates problems with these nierserver.exe niwsrp.dll.

how to eliminate these, which slow down the pc ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,080 Views)

nierserver.exe niwsrp.dll How to delete these blessed files ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,077 Views)

Hello rays789,

As mentioned above, both of those files are used to enable a user to send crash reports to NI. It is not recommended that you delete these. Can you explain more about why you want to delete the files?

Also, in order to bring more attention to you question among the NI community, I would recommend restating your question on a new forum thread.

Best regards,

Ryan B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,065 Views)