From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect TTL signal using configured acquisition

I am running the same solution with my own modification. I have added a waveform for incoming data and then I have done some processing on the data. Please see the attached screenshot and help me improve the acquisition time. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,951 Views)

Hi Paritosh,

We need to estabolish a base for what you are getting for actual sample rate. When you run the example as it is, what actual sample rate do you get?

Regards,

Travis Ann

Customer Education Product Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,944 Views)

I am giving the same sampling rate in both cases. In the example as it is and in my modified program the parameters are same. So how to find what sampling rate I am getting?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,940 Views)

Hi Paritosh,

In the example that I talked about before, it returns your actual sample rate. I've highlighted it below with an arrow. What is returned when you run it?

Untitled.png

Regards,

Travis Ann

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,932 Views)

It returns the sample value that is in the minimum sample rate. i.e. 1e6. If i change the minimum sample rate, the actual sample rate also changes to the same value...

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,930 Views)

Hi Paritosh,

Since you are getting the same actual sample rate as minimum rate in the example, it would be good to implement that same functionality in your code, so that we can see what same you get for actual sample rate when you run your code. That way, we have a base for how far off your desired sample rate is from your actual rate. 

Regards,

Travis Ann

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(1,925 Views)

What do you mean by implementing the same functionality in the code? I am using the same code with modifications, but still the actual sample rate is shown similar to the default program but the data acquistion rate is too slow. Can u check my code that I posted before?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,920 Views)

Hi Paritosh,

What is your actual data acquisition rate? How are you measuring? Also, when you run the example without your modifications, what data acquisition rate to you achieve?

Regards,

Travis Ann

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,912 Views)

I am giving 1 KHz input to the digitizer. I don't know the exact way to measure the acquisition rate. Can u suggest me any way?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,908 Views)

Hi Paritosh,

Since you are not measuring the acquisition rate, what are you seeing that is giving you the impression that it is too slow? Will you please explain what you are observing that makes you think that your measurement is too slow? Can you post screenshots of Soft Front Panel? Are you getting an error of some kind? Is it that you aren't acquiring all of your data? 

Have you tried using the example code? If you are seeing some type of delay with only your code and not the examples, it would be to your advantage to find the differences between your code and our examples and explore those differences.

Let me know what you are seeing that leads you to think that the data acquisition rate is too slow, and I will try to provide you with some advice. 

Kind Regards,

Travis Ann

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,896 Views)