Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Aquisition not stopping on PCI-6111

I was testing a DAQmx program originally written on a NI-MIO-16E-1 DAQmx card. I swapped that card out to a PCI-6111. Now, whenever I try to stop or dispose of the task which I created, my system hangs indefinitely. The only way I have been able to recover is to forcibly power cycle my PC.

My suspicion is that I am doing something obivously wrong, has anyone else had this or a similar experince?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,933 Views)

Hi Tyzack,

I am assuming that you are using a .NET language while experiencing this problem.  Have you tried to use the example programs that are installed with DAQmx, if not the are located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples

If you have, and you are still getting this same issue, can you ensure that the device is correctly recognized in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and can you try to create a task in MAX, and see if you get the same issue (ie no problem with your E-series, but a freeze with the S-series).  If you do running this problem, there may be a problem with your hardware.  Let me know the outcome of these tests and we can continue to trouble shoot this issue. 

Have a great evening

Chris_K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,914 Views)