Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted .dll?

I am using a PXIe-5672 vector signal generator in a PXIe-1073 PXIe chassis. Recently the chassis was disconnected from the PC and the host controller card, a PCIe-8361, was removed from the PC. Prior to this everything functioned correctly. I have just put the controller card back into the PC, reconnected the chassis, and set up the signal generator in NI-MAX (including associating the AWG module with the RF Upconverter module). When I run my code (written in C#, run through VisualStudio) to control the signal generator, the build fails and I get an error. I tried running the code examples that are provided with NI-RFSG and the same thing happens. Here is the error:

Exception thrown: 'System.AccessViolationException' in NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.ModularInstrumentsSystem.dll

An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.ModularInstrumentsSystem.dll

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

The program '[13132] SingleToneGeneration.2012.exe' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005) 'Access violation'.

The following line from the build log might also be useful since all other lines have "Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled." where this one has "Module was built without symbols.":

'C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.ModularInstrumentsSystem\v4.0_1.4.45.27__4febd62461bf11a4\NationalInstruments.ModularInstruments.ModularInstrumentsSystem.dll'. Module was built without symbols.

I have used the NI Package Manager to repair my installations of NI-RFSG and Measurement Studio, and I have tried re-installing the chassis with the host controller card in a different PCIe slot, but I still get this error.

Additionally, if I try to open the NI-RFSG Soft Front Panel, I get an error telling me that there is no AWG associated with the RF Upconverter module and that I should make the association in NI-MAX and rescan. However, when I go to NI-MAX, the two modules are clearly still associated. Resetting the NI-MAX configuration data and setting the device up again also did not help.

I am not familiar with .dll files and my searches online have not provided any clear explanation of how I might go about repairing any corrupt memory associated with one of these files. Any help with fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(806 Views)