Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile error LC : error LC0000: 'Could not load file or assembly

Hi NickB,

Thanks for your confirmation. I thought the same thing since I recognized the installation of NI still goes to the "Program Files (x86)". It is not 64bit yet.

I still happy with X86 target because it doesn't make difference for my project.

Thanks for your great help.

Tu

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 42
(4,139 Views)

We are currently targeting late next year for providing 64-bit support with MStudio.

1) It would be helpful for us to know exactly what libraries you need 64-bit versions of (e.g., NationalInstruments.WindowsForms.dll, NationalInstruments.DAQmx, etc.). Could you post the list to this forum?

2) May I have permission to contact you directly, via email, to discuss your needs further?

David Rohacek

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 42
(4,130 Views)

Actually, I didn't use any x64 bit feature in NI MS. However, I did use some in VB2005. But as I have to select the target CPU to x64 for compilation. That caused the problem. It did show some error messages on the dll that got problem but I forgot. I will try to compile again later and let you know.

Sure. You're always welcome to contact me via email.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 42
(4,128 Views)

Hi Drohacek,

I am working at Communications Research Centre in Canada. My interested development are Signal Processing and Analysis. I am developing the software to collect data as satellite receiver based on A/D card. The software should be able to calculate the power of signal and tracking the frequency from satellite at Ka-band. Real time measurement is very critial condition due to FFT performance. I am on the test with Matlab implement but it is not helpfull because it doesn't give graphical monitoring signal at real time.

I intended upgrade the operating system to Windows server 2008 with 64 bit for all our measurement. Thus, I need to try on the 64bit application. I hope Ni should continue support MFC libraries because most of kernel drivers for instrument are native C/C++. In addition, there is a lot improved features on MFC 9 from VS 2008.

Here is my list of component I use for all my projects:

NI-VISA *

Analysis

User Interface

Data socket

Excel

Legacy DAQ

You can contact me by email as you wish.

Thanks for your support.

Tu

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 42
(4,116 Views)
I am trying to build the Project on a 64-bit OS. I tried below thing -
In pre-build step I added:
IF EXIST C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ld​r64.exe C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ld​r64.exe setwow

and in post-build step, I added:
IF EXIST C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ld​r64.exe C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ld​r64.exe set64
but I am still getting the same error of "Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format".
Please suggest.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 42
(2,536 Views)

darshan_09,

If you are using any libraries at all that are 32 bit, then you will need to build your executable targeted to x86, as discussed earlier in the forum.  Doing that should mean that you do not need those extra pre and post build steps, since you really only have the option of building to x86.

Hope this helps,

Jen W

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 42
(2,517 Views)

I uninstalled NI Measurement STudio 8.5 and installed evaluation version of NI 2010 as suggested by NI. NI 2010 supports 64 bit WIn 7. But still I am getting same error. I am not able to understand why its not building a solution on Win 7? Please suggest.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 42
(2,490 Views)

darshan_09,

The error you posted points to Visual Studio 2005.  In the readme for Measurement Studio 2010, it says in the installation requirements section:

Note    Measurement Studio class libraries are designed to work on 64-bit operating systems. However, Measurement Studio class libraries for Visual Studio 2005 cannot be used to create 64-bit applications. To use Measurement Studio class libraries for Visual Studio 2005 on a 64-bit operating system, you must configure your projects to build 32-bit applications or libraries.

If you need to use 64-bit libraries, then you will need at least VS2008.

Regards

Jen W

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 42
(2,480 Views)

Thanks for your reply but Readme documentation itself mentions that it works on Visual Studio 2005. Actually, I am now able to build the Project. I Copied all NI dlls from GAC to local bin directory and it worked for me. But while running a solution, its not loading WIndows forms. I will keep you updating about this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 42
(2,476 Views)

Its not at all working. Solution is not building even though I have licensed copy of NI MS 2010. Please suggest what should I do as it becomes very critical issue and I am following with your support team and seems that they are also not able to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 42
(2,425 Views)