From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Measurement Studio ActiveX controls be used with Visual Studio.NET Compact Framework (for developing Windows CE applications)?

Does anybody have experience using Measurement Studio ActiveX controls with Visual Studio.NET Compact Framework for developing Windows CE applications? I am afraid that Graph and Analysis ActiveX controls might not work. I expect that DAQ ActiveX is working since NI recently developed the Measurement Hardware DDK for the LabVIEW PDA Module. Any comments from VS.Net Compact Framework users wll be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,382 Views)
Unfortunately, the UI and Analysis ActiveX controls are not supported on Windows CE. Also, the DAQ ActiveX control is built with the NI-DAQ C API and not the Measurement Hardware DDK that you mentioned, and hence is not supported on Windows CE either.

Having said that, Measurement Studio is evaluating the possibility of developing .NET Compact Framework components for a future release. Could you please share a little information about what kind of application you are building and what kind of support you would look for from Measurement Studio .NET Compact Framework components? Thanks.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,382 Views)
Elton,
I am developing the application for continuous physiological data acquisition from an animal, wearing a jacket with PDA with the PCMCIA DAQ card.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,382 Views)
Please could you provide more details about your application. In particular, if National Instruments were to develop controls for the .NET Compact Framework for graphing, analysis and data acquisition, what features would expect from these? For the graph, what subset of the ActiveX control functionality would you like to see? For analysis, do you expect to all analysis functions to be available or only a limited subset of the commonly used ones? You answers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Abhishek Ghuwalewala
National Instruments - Measurement Studio
Abhishek Ghuwalewala | Measurement Studio | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,382 Views)
In my application I would be saving data to the desktop computer via WiFi network. Data will be viewed on the desktop, rather than on the PDA, so I really just need the DAQ controls and nothing else. Do you think I can somehow use the Measurement Hardware DDK drivers on the PDA with Visual Basic/Meas. Studio rather than purchasing the Labview?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,382 Views)