Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[C#] Getting the maximum number of physical channels of a device

Hello all,

Is there a way to get the maximum number of physical channels (analog in/out, digital in/out) of a connected device?

I have a couple of USB DAQs, one has 4 differential Analog Outputs, the other has 40 differential analog outputs.  I want the ability to make some decisions based on their analog output counts.  Is there a property somewhere in the measurement studio C# library I can use?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,379 Views)

Hi Joe,

I've attached an example program below that uses Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA resources available to perform communication. It would be a great place to start looking or even use in your application. 

Using Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA Resources and Perform Communication

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,349 Views)

@2Shanez wrote:

Hi Joe,

I've attached an example program below that uses Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA resources available to perform communication. It would be a great place to start looking or even use in your application. 

Using Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA Resources and Perform Communication

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

Hi Shane,

Thanks for an answer.  I looked up the program you posted about (Using Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA Resources and Perform Communication), and it's very old.  It was developed using VS2002 and I can't find the references it's using.

Thanks for the heads up, but this problem is still open.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,339 Views)

Hi Joe,

Do you have NI-VISA installed for .NET? I did a little digging and found that the NI-VISA .NET Class Library lists a Find method that we could use similar to that example. I have included the download link to the latest NI VISA Driver Download as well as the help page for the FindResources Method Below.

NI-VISA 17.0: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-17.0/6646/en/

FindResources Method: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370627F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/3cb332e6/

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,328 Views)