From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[C#] Getting the maximum number of physical channels of a device

Hello all,

Is there a way to get the maximum number of physical channels (analog in/out, digital in/out) of a connected device?

I have a couple of USB DAQs, one has 4 differential Analog Outputs, the other has 40 differential analog outputs.  I want the ability to make some decisions based on their analog output counts.  Is there a property somewhere in the measurement studio C# library I can use?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,376 Views)

Hi Joe,

I've attached an example program below that uses Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA resources available to perform communication. It would be a great place to start looking or even use in your application. 

Using Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA Resources and Perform Communication

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,346 Views)

@2Shanez wrote:

Hi Joe,

I've attached an example program below that uses Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA resources available to perform communication. It would be a great place to start looking or even use in your application. 

Using Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA Resources and Perform Communication

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

Hi Shane,

Thanks for an answer.  I looked up the program you posted about (Using Microsoft Visual C# to Find all VISA Resources and Perform Communication), and it's very old.  It was developed using VS2002 and I can't find the references it's using.

Thanks for the heads up, but this problem is still open.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,336 Views)

Hi Joe,

Do you have NI-VISA installed for .NET? I did a little digging and found that the NI-VISA .NET Class Library lists a Find method that we could use similar to that example. I have included the download link to the latest NI VISA Driver Download as well as the help page for the FindResources Method Below.

NI-VISA 17.0: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-17.0/6646/en/

FindResources Method: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370627F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/3cb332e6/

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,325 Views)