Measurement Studio and .NET Developers

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Product Packaging Update: Unbundling Measurement Studio and LabWindows/CVI

Please be aware of a recent packaging change to Measurement Studio 2015.  

As of 2015, Measurement Studio Enterprise edition and LabWindows/CVI Full edition are no longer bundled together.

After conducting a survey of customers, it was discovered that over 90% of users only use the original product they have purchased, Measurement Studio and do not plan to use the secondary product in this bundle, LabWindows/CVI.  To simplify product packaging and release cycle alignment as well as make it easier for our customers to receive and activate the correct software they use, we have decided to unbundle these products.

For more information to receive access to LabWindows/CVI, please contact your local customer service representative. Customers in North America can call (866) 519-6285.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,676 Views)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Product Packaging Update: Unbundling Measurement Studio and LabWindows/CVI

Hello,

I was specifically told in an 8/6/2015 email from  NI Sales Engineer  that "Whether you purchase LabWindows/CVI Full Dev or Measurment Studio Enterprise, you will receive the same CD and access to both software packages." After I purchased Measurement Studio Enterprise I was greatly dissapointed to find out that was not the case. I agree, that I will mostly use Measurement Studio but there are some TDMS scaling functions and digital filtering functions in LabWindows/CVI that are not available in Measurement Studio that I was hoping to use. For me the value of purchasing Measurement Studio Enterprise was greatly diminished because LabWindows/CVI was not included. I know I am in the 10% and now know that I should have made my purchase before Measurement Studio 2015. Again, I am very dissapointed because I was led to believe I would receive both packages. Here is the complete email text that I received  saying that I would receive both packages:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,005 Views)
Highlighted

Hi CodeRunner50,

Not to worry, we have a migration path for you at no extra cost so you can use both products. I will be in touch through private message so that we can process this for you.

Thank you very much,

Anna Kozminski

Measurement Studio Marketing Manager

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,005 Views)

One additional request, as we aim for parity between the analysis and TDMS functions we offere across our software products, could you point out which functions in LabWindows/CVI you are using?

Thank you very much,

Anna Kozminski

Measurment Studio Marketing Manager

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,005 Views)

Thanks for asking. I would like to use the "Advanced Data Scaling" functions in Measurement Studio. These are what they are called in LabWindows/CVI:

TDMS_CreateLinearScalingInfo

TDMS_CreatePolynomialScalingInfo

TDMS_CreateThermocoupleScalingInfo

TDMS_CreateRTDScalingInfo

TDMS_CreateTableScalingInfo

TDMS_CreateStrainGageScalingInfo

TDMS_CreateThermistorScalingInfo

TDMS_CreateReciprocalScalingInfo

I am also interested in using the filter generation functions that appear to give access to the filter coefficients: Bessel_Coef, Bessel_CascadeCoef, FIR_Coef, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,005 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.