From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to find the cRIO in MAX. DHCP address lease ok.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello i have a NI cRIO to install for the first time i have an issue adding it in Measurement and automation express (MAX)

I did the following:

-i have held the reset button for 5 seconds.

-i got the tripple blink

-verified that a DHCP lease has been obtained by the RIO. (192.168.11.9/subnet 255.255.255.0)

-Pressed the "Find NIDAQ network devices" - nothing was found

-Entered manually the address stated above - nothing was found

My configuration:

x86PC,Win7,32bit, wireless network adapter(wired disabled)in the above mentioned network,firewall off

cRIO9075 LAN cable to a router/switch (BUFFALO WHR-G125)

Could you, please give me some advice on some next steps i could take to connect?

Happy holidays,

Ivan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,814 Views)
You've posted to the wrong board. Measure is an obsolete add-on product for Excel.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,794 Views)

Dear Sanches,

The cRIO appears under Remote Systems in MAX. Please check this guide for additinal troubleshting steps.

Regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
Message 3 of 4
(6,767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sanches2

Dear all,

I've found the root cause for the issue it is a bad combination of (old) NI DAQ driver and my device.

I have checked the compatibility of the driver and the device and found out that i have different driver from the old set of boards we bought for the university and i was missing the driver cd (which has gone missing:)

I have downloaded the new driver NIDAQ1400f1(or something like this).

Now it works.

Thank you all for your responses.

@Valkoa: thanks for the response:) unfortunately the device was not apperaing anywhere despite it succesfuly acquired a lease from my router

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,662 Views)