From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does NI has a means to measure ESD safety of operator? or third party measurement with labview interface.

Hi,

does NI has a means to measure ESD safety of operator? or does there exists a third party measurement hw "device" with

labview interface?

regards,

Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,478 Views)

Hi Koen,

I am not totally sure what kind of device you are looking for. If you are looking for a small scale automatic tester for ESD safety, I am pretty sure that we don't have that. With the tools from NI you could build a tester yourself using Voltage/current I/O, but I don't believe that this is what you want.

For 3rd party products: Labview is pretty much able to communicate with everything you can connect to your computer. Ideal would be a device with a direct computer interface and a quick google showed me some hit with ethernet or RS232 connector on the high price segment. Communication with Labview could be done either by directly sending commands via this bus (needing detailed information from the manufacturer on this commands) or if the manufacturer supplies software with it via an ActiveX or .net interface.
Alternatively you can use any device with an analog or digital output and read this output with a simple USB device into your computer.

Andreas Jost

Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,456 Views)