From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI_AALBase.lvlib:Mean.vi error message

I have an older Labview application that was created with V8.6 and I am trying to run it on a Windows 7

PC. I did not create and build this application so I may not be able to rebuild it as I may not have all the components.

It runs on a XP system but when I try in on the Windows 7 system the error message windo contains the following message:

Labview resource not found.

An error occurred loading NI_AALBase.lvlib:Mean.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

If I click OK, the following message window appears containing the following message:

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Linear Fit (Bisquare).vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

If I click OK, the following message window appears containing the following message:

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Linear Fit (LAR).vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Linear Fit (LSe).vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Satooth Wave.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Square Wave.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Triangle Wave.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Sine Wave.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Unwrap Phase.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Power Spectrum.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Real FFT.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Linear Fir (Bisquare).vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Scaled Time Doamin Window (DBL).vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Sine Pattern.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:General Cosine Window (DBL).vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:AllCosWindow (DBL).vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvlib:Amplitude and Levels 1 chan.vi, Labview load error code 3:Could not load front panel.

Missing subVI  NI_AALBase.lvlib:Mean.vi in VI AIMeasurement.vi.

====================

Is this because it may not be compatible with Windows 7 or do I need to copy something more than just the V8.6 Runtime engine

(which I have already done)  to this PC in order for this to work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,858 Views)

Hello robojeff,

What operating system (OS) was the executable that you are trying to run built on? For an executable to be able to run, one must run it on the same OS that it was built on. The resource I have provided below validates this point.

Running an Executable or Deployed Application on Multiple Operating Systems

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F5F9358A4A161421862572590067F411?OpenDocument

Since it seems like you are unable to rebuild the application on the OS that you need to run it on, you could try to create a virtual machine (VM) with a Windows XP OS on it in order to run the executable that you have. The resource I have provided below gives a brief description of what a VM is and states what NI products are supported on VM’s.

Are NI Products Supported on Virtual Machines (VMs)?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/31B0985265CA167886257831003F5536

I hope this information is helpful!

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(6,841 Views)

Thanks Gabby

It was created on an XP machine and I need to run it on a windows 7 (& possibly a Windows 10)  PC.

I will look over the link that you sent

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,830 Views)

No problem! Let me know if you have any questions after looking over the documentation!

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,818 Views)