Measure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LowpassCutoffFrequency-can't enable

Hi everyone I hope someone can help me, the problem is that I have a NI 9237 card in a 9174 chasis, I connected a TJE honeywell Pressure Sensor and made some test in lab view using cut off filter and works OK but I need to use that filter in C# and erase the whole Noise of the source like in the photo.
I'm researching code to use in c# and i found an example it is located:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DotNET4.5.1\Analog In\Measure Strain\AcqStrainSamples\CS

And the line important:
myAIChannel.LowpassEnable = true;
myAIChannel.LowpassCutoffFrequency = Convert.ToDouble(cutoffFrequencyNumeric.Value);
Actually I can enable the filter but always appear an error that says:
"request value is not supported value for this property"
Property: NationalInstruments.DAQmx.AIChannel.LowpassEnable
Requested Value: 1
Possible Values: 0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,557 Views)

Hello EdgarVRP good morning,

Thanks a lot for contacting the forum support, after checking your information it seems that you are trying to enable a feature in the Hardware that is not supported, I suggest that you have the filter enabled by Software instead of Hardware, if you want to use the Hardware enabled then it should be changed. I would approach so that you can find and algorithm that can perform the filtering that you can add as a function within your code.

I hope this information helps,

Best Regards,

CaEnOs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,519 Views)

Gracias CaEnOs por tu respuesta, mira conoces alguna forma de poder añadir la operacion que realiza el cut off de labview a C# eso es lo que necesito o alguna otra funcion en c# para quitar el ruido que detecta la tarjeta NI 9237 ya que por ejemplo:

• En labview con filtro me da valores constantes que oscilan en +/- .05 psi pero si ejecuto el programa de labview sin filtro obtengo los resultados similares a los obtenidos en C#
  • En C# los datos capturado varian demasiado oscilan de +/- 15 psi

Y por ultimo el cambio de hardware no lo veo viable.

Saludos.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,515 Views)

Hello EdgarVRP good afternoon,

Thanks for your kind response, I would suggest that you try to find one example in the internet about filters (it would depend on the type of filter that you would implement that would impact the result), also have you tried to check the following path:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\MStudioVS2013\DotNET\Examples\Analysis\Professional\Filtering\cs

I hope this information is useful,

Best Regards,

CaEnOs

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,501 Views)