From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Mass Compilers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing the LabVIEW Craftsmanship Workshop (Next week!)

Hi All,

The second annual LVCW at NIDays Boston is coming up next week! If you missed the prior invitation, please see details below and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. If you plan to participate in the hands-on portion (I hope you do), please bring a laptop with LV2013 or later. Also, please be sure to register.

This session is most appropriate for experienced Certified LabVIEW Developers and Architects. Contact Edith Lopez at edith.lopez@ni.com to register.

When: November 16, 2015
Time: 4:00 p.m to 7:00 p.m
Where: Hynes Convention Center
Plaza Level, Room 105

Here's the full abstract:

As LabVIEW craftspeople, we constantly strive to improve our practices, learn from each other, and go beyond basic style to add long-term software value. Take your craft to the next level by joining your regional LabVIEW community at the second annual LabVIEW Craftsmanship Workshop on the eve of NIDays Boston. While LabVIEW is immediately accessible to beginners, it is also a fully-featured programming language subject to the rules and best practices established by other computer scientists and programmers. Come to learn and also to share how we can all make our LabVIEW code more maintainable, truly reusable, and maybe even plugin friendly.

At last year’s session, we introduced a framework for developing robust and reusable software: the SOLID principles of object-oriented design. We then elaborated and applied the first three of these principles (Single responsibility, Open/closed, and Liskov substitution). This year, we will review the topics previously covered and then delve into the final two principles—Interface segregation and Dependency inversion—through presentations and hands-on exercises. We hope you can join us for an evening of learning, collaborative discussion, and networking with your LabVIEW colleagues.

Hope to see you there!

-Ethan

ethan.stern@bloomy.com

Message 1 of 6
(8,886 Views)

Hi, you ever found the slides from last years?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,361 Views)

Thanks for the presentation guys!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,361 Views)

Thanks Ethan and Robert for hosting, I had a great time.  I will be posting my slides at www.labviewcraftsmen.com either tonight or tomorrow and will put a link to them here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,361 Views)

As promised, my presentation can be found here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,361 Views)