From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I create an imaq image refnum?

Hi everyone,

Back again with something very painful... How do you create your Imaq Image refnums?  Because I can't create an Imaq Image refnum without having LabVIEW to crash and display this error message :

Insane Object "dataspace typemap" in "main.vi" {index}(0x2)

Internal Fatal Error "fpsane.cpp" line 268 version LabVIEW 8.0

I just put a command refnum on the front panel and I can't select the class "Image Control". I can sometimes choose it (when I directly link the reference of the image, named image control, to the refnum in the diagram for example) but if I do so, I can't run the VI. I don't have labview right now, so I hope to be clear enough in my explanations.

Thanks for helping!! Running LabVIEW 8.0, Vision 8.0 on XP

Chris

PS : There is a little orange star at the bottom of the refnum icon 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,357 Views)
Message 2 of 4
(4,348 Views)

Glad to know that it is a known isssue!

But I tried to follow the workaround and I still can't get the refnum to work :

A workaround is to drag the ImageControl VI Server Reference to the front panel of the subVI. This is another way to create a control, so you will be able to wire the control into a property node within the subVI.

If I understand well, I have an Image Display control, create a reference of it, and then drag it to the front panel of another VI. It does create a control but with no label, no class, still unknown...

Thank you for help muks, 5.001 helpful posts!

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,338 Views)

Hi,

I know it is a bit late (duh!) but I found that I cannot drag the reference to front panel in my VI. However, it is possible in this example you probably also checked out. Just do the stuff they describe in that VI and it will create the control you need.

Cheers,

Petr

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,269 Views)