0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,620 Views)
there is some example for this one in labview study them
if you want I can attach ocr example
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,613 Views)

I am looking for Labview OCR example which uses USB camera against bmp file, please attach Your example thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,512 Views)

Hi KrzysztofN,

It’ll be a matter of building your code from 2 simple examples:

Simple Grab.vi using IMAQdx (for the acquisition from your USB camera):

Finding Examples for LabVIEW

Help>>Find Examples>> Hardware Input and Output>>Vision Acquisition>>NI-IMAQdx>>High-Level>>Grab.vi

Optical Character Recognition (OCR) First Example

http://www.ni.com/example/30591/en/

Vision Acquisition Software and Vision Development Module will be needed for you to use these examples. What is the Difference Between NI Vision Acquisition Software, NI Vision Builder, and the NI Vision ...

Regards,

AGJ_CR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,485 Views)

Dear AGJ_CR thanks for tips, I didn’t realize that Vision Acquisition module is required, I have downloaded the evaluation version and found out grab.vi example as You wrote, this two programs are running separately, I have tried to put grab into OCR example and two modules ae running inside one core properly, I am new with Labview and I have some problem how to connect video output to vision aqiusition  there is data format mismatch please check my foto and example saved for 12 version maybe it will be easier for You to open, I am using Labview 2015.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,475 Views)

Hi KrzysztofN,

I hadn’t realized the OCR example already had a Vision Acquisition VI Express VI. Feel free to delete the other acquisition part and just leave the OCR example. Double click on the Vision Acquisition VI to configure your acquisition.

Regards,

AGJ_CR

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,452 Views)

Hello again 🙂

Nice, I have checked Vision Acquisition and I am a Little bit confused what to choose to get OCR with that, any settings modification changes the Vision input output environment ,maybe  could You please modify OCR example for me I have no experience with that,

thanks so much !

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,447 Views)

Connection diagram foto 6.jpg - after chossing CAM0 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,445 Views)

Hi KrzysztofN,

I would recommend that you try to get familiar with the different VIs for you to learn how to modify them.  Use the Context and detailed help to learn more about the different functions, for example, to get to know how to configure the Vision Acquisition VI. If you are new to LabVIEW following the next type of tutorials will be very helpful:

Using NI LabVIEW In-Product Help

http://www.ni.com/getting-started/labview-basics/product-help

I can tell you that on the image 1, for acquisition source you need to select the camera that will be acquiring the different images.

The OCR algorithm will also need a Character Set File that is going to be specific for your application. You can create the Set File using the OCR Training Utility installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision\Utility\OCR Training Interface. This will generate a .abc file that you will load in your program.

One simpler option for you to get started might be based on using Vision Assistant. Please check the next forum for more details:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/OCR-examples/td-p/1014649

Regards,

AGJ

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,406 Views)
a;so work a bit with NI OCR training it will be helpful for you
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,323 Views)