Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision inspection of sealant bead inspection

I am new to LabView but am looking at it as a cost effective alternative to “Smart” cameras.

I have a requirement to check the width of a bead of sealant on a metal component.

Cognex has a standard bead inspection tool. The user draws a line (with multiply points) along the nominal bead path. The software then measures the width of the bead at dozens of points along the line.

How can I implement such a function in  LabView?

The bead path twist and turns therefore the “calliper” tool also has to change angle to make a measurement.

Is this possible?

As a novice is this type of application too difficult?

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,125 Views)

Hi there,

To develop any image inspection application, you will need the NI Vision Acquisition Software installed. With this software installed you can use the NI Vision Assistant in LabVIEW to get an image and do any kind of manipulation on it such as specifying a region of interest and measuring certain parameters.

The best thing to do is to download the evaluation version and try to implement what you want to achieve. The description you gave is something that can be implemented with LabVIEW.

Shalini B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,109 Views)

Thanks.

I have the demo version and have been "playing" with it. 

I understand the vision tools but am finding the mix of parameter types (arrays, clusters) , and trying to determine what each item wants a bit confusing.

However, I'm getting there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,102 Views)