Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision builder AI 2011 incompatible with Vis created by Labview 2011 ?

Hi,

I have some issues to drive some motor by a Vi created under Labview 2011 using an inspection built under vision builder AI 2011

The step for running  a Labview Vi said me that it only support 2010 VIs or earlier ? How two NI softwares 2011 can be incompatible ?

So I try to save under a old version but this vi is part of a huge LLB...Is it possible to save this LLB as a 2010 version without saving all subvis .ctl etc.. ? I am a little confused...

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,583 Views)

You should be able to save the top level VI for previous to LV 2010, and all VIs from that LLB will also be saved to a LV 2010 version LLB that can be used by VBAI. There is a restriction that any VIs from a toolkit that you have to pay for (i.e. Vision), even if they are in your LLB will not be saved for previous, but driver VIs (i.e. Motion, DAQ, NI-IMAQ) if they are in your LLB will be saved in the resulting LV 2010 LLB.

I realize this isn't ideal and VBAI will be supporting LV 2011 or a future version later. Another option will be to use the VBAI API in LV 2011 to have VBAI do just the image processing portion of your control system and do Motion, or other functionality in LV environment and control VBAI from LV using the VBAI API (this allows you to load inspections, run them, get images, and results, etc.), which does support LV 2011.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,582 Views)