From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video acquisition with CMOS

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am making a program in labview to record a video for certain time (let is say 1h). When I run my program (attached below) I just get one image instead of a 1h video. I do not why, any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,959 Views)
Solution
Accepted by grobas

Your VI works fine for me.  When you run your VI, do you see the AVI file on disk getting larger over time? 

Message 2 of 7
(2,926 Views)

Oh that is surprising, when I run it I just get an image. I will try in another computer then.

So the file does not get bigger with time, it just has the size of a single image more or less. It does not increase with time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,923 Views)

Is your camera actually acquiring multiple images?  Wire the buffer number output of the Grab subVI to an indicator and make sure that number changes over time. 

Message 4 of 7
(2,921 Views)

Hi, sorry for my late response but I do not have access to labview during weekends.

I created an indicator as you said and it changes over time but still I have the same problem. I obtain just one image instead of a video.

The camera when it is used with apropriate software acquires video.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,876 Views)

Sorry, I figured out what happened. I had the block diagram opened with the bulb on. That slows down the program so it did not acquire the video properly I think. Thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 7
(2,874 Views)

Hello again, 

I still have problems with this program. As I said, now it records a video but every second there is like a lag on it (the video stops for a bit every second). Besides, intuitively I can see that I do not capture all the frames.

I tried a producer/consumer program but I do not know how to make it work with a video acquisition (I have never used this type of structures before).

Do you know how can I solve this?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,860 Views)