From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb cam not found by Labview in Inputs/Outputs for VBAI

Hi,

I try to run my VBAI's program on Labview, for that I found this : http://zone.ni.com/wv/app/play_doc/p/id/wv-2424/width/800/height/640/autostart/y

But the problem is that I can not found my camera when I add an I/O constant (VBAIinterface.ctl). The strange thing is that I can found it when I creat an NI-IMAQdx I/O constant (IMAQdx.ctl), for example tu use the function grab.

If anyone have an idea^^

Best regards

Le Bidouilleur

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,196 Views)

To use your USB camera, first make sure you can see it in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) under Devices and Interfaces, NI-IMAQdx devices. Once you can see the camera and acquire from it in MAX, use Vision Builder AI (VBAI), to create an inspection using the IMAQdx step to acquire from your camera. Save the inspection, and then you can use the VBAI VIs in LabVIEW to launch a local VBAI Engine, connect to it, open the inspection you saved, run the inspection, and get the iimage/results, etc.

If you're having trouble acquiring from your camera in MAX, check out this link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C1BC2D93ADC392BB8625768C0060AFE7

The VBAIInterface.ctl will only find VBAI Engines currently running, so if you haven't called the "Launch Local VBAI Engine" to launch an engine, it won't find any (unless you have RT targets on your network running VBAI). The IMAQdx.ctl will open a session to acquire images from your camera, but you can't do this and acquire images from a VBAI inspection at the same time, so you have to choose if you want VBAI to acquire the images and do processing and then control this VBAI inspection from LV using the VBAI session OR acquire images directly into LV using the IMAQdx session.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,190 Views)

Thank you very much, I thing it solve my problem. My camera is detected by IMAQdx and runs under VBAI. the problem might be that the camera is not running when I call my VBAI program in Labview. I will try with the block "Launch local VBAI engine". Thank you very much for your help

Le bidouilleur

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,184 Views)

It's also important to make sure no other application is using the camera. Make sure you close the VBAI inspection so it's no longer using the camera and MAX is closed as well before you try using LV to launch a local VBAI engine and open the inspection that uses the camera. Otherwise you will get errors when opening the inspection because the camera is already in use and the local VBAI engine you launched from LV won't be able to open the inspection correctly that is trying to use the camera.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,180 Views)

Yes, I checked it too. I know that a camera can only be use by one program at the time.

Thank you for your answers, it works now 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,170 Views)