From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triggered sequence and image subtraction

Hello all,

I am trying to acquire sequence of images triggered by an external pulse using AVT IEEE1394 camera. I can acquire the sequence of images now, but I want to subtract a reference image from each incoming image in sequence and want to save the subtracted images.

I think the way that I implemented vi is attached to this post. I can see subtracted images are saved but the problem is I can not see the changes that I introduce while images are subtracted.

Let me be clear for example I try to acquire images If/sec and want to acquire 25 images and then subtract and save. Say suppose I have introduced some change say motion in the field view of camera after acquiring 5 frames, but i can not see the change indeed it seems like the initially subtracted frame only saved multiple times in this case 25 times.

I don't know where i am doing wrong????

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,553 Views)

Hello Viswa,

The image you are substracting (the one called Reference image) is empty. This way, you are substracting zero to all of your images. That's why you don't find any differences.

What you have to do is to read a refernece image from a file and put it in the "Reference Image" pointer.

Hope this helps

NTA_LabView_certified_Developper.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,550 Views)