Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch sequence grab

Hi,

i have to write an application in which i need to switch between "grab image continuously" and "acquire sequence". The camera is hardware triggered by a NI-USB6008 and i can completly control the trigger pulse send to the camera. (i send a pulse every 1 s... the frame rate in low...) The grab image works fine in a loop structure where i read image with the low level get image, but how can i switch to "sequence mode"????

I use LabView 8.5 with IMAQdx library.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,586 Views)

How fast do you need to switch between the two modes? What frame rate are you expecting for the sequence portion of the acquisition? How many frames are you expecting to capture in your sequence? Lastly, what resolution are your images (large or small)?

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,571 Views)

How fast do you need to switch between the two modes?

I have no requirements on switching in terms of continuity of acquisition... i have two separate process, one for the continuous grab (fired by a button on the front panel) and one for the sequence (fired with another button on the front panel). The two "mode" are independent.

What frame rate are you expecting for the sequence portion of the acquisition?

1 fps... i have a cameras hardware triggered by three out of the NIUSB-6008... and i have the process "sequence" working... as the "continuous grab" working... i cannot combine them in a single event structure, or something similar....

How many frames are you expecting to capture in your sequence?

10 frames (in about 10 seconds)

Lastly, what resolution are your images (large or small)?

1024x768... 

Please consider that i have no bandwith problem... and i have the two process working...the process are simply the two example of IMAQdx library:

Low-Level Grab.vi

Low-Level Sequence.vi

How can combine them in an single event structure or in a while loop and how i can switch from one to another??

thanks!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,567 Views)