Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart camera 1780 setup on labview 2015

Hello,

we recently upgraded our isc1772c to 1780c windows iot, and our software platform is win7 64bit running labview 2015. according to the setup manual come along with 1780, we patched VBAI 2015 to f2 even f3, but neither MAX nor VBAI could recognize the 1780 camera. did I miss something? should I upgrade all labview version to the latest? (I would prefer work with 2015 version since we have so many things need to upgrade)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,196 Views)

If you have the Windows 10 version of the ISC-1780, the intended use-case is to connect a monitor and run software (VBAI, LabVIEW, MAX) directly on the target with the sensor as a local device. The RT version will show up as a remote target (similar to the 1772), but not the Windows version. Can you clarify whether you're trying to run VBAI on the camera directly vs as a remote target?

If you're trying to run VBAI on the smart camera, you also need to make sure you have a sufficiently new version of Vision Acquisition Software. Any version >= 17.1 should work, and even the latest version (18.5) is compatible with LabVIEW 2015.

Potentially relevant thread: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/ISC-1782-smart-camera-not-recognized-in-NI-MAX/m-p/3888508

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,163 Views)

Hi zrs5532,

After patching the VBAI, did you restart the computer?

Are the drivers updated? 

Warm Regards,

Enhernan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,160 Views)

i am trying to do pattern matching with smart camera, so is it possible that i install VBAI into smart camera, run the inspection then send out the position of my part back to a PC with TCP/IP packet through a router? on my pc, I can run labview to open a port and read the packets.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,143 Views)

Hi zrs5532,

If the camera has the requirement needed to run the VBAI, I think it will be able to do what you want. 

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//vision/Vision%20Builder%20for%20Automated%20Inspection/2015%...

You can check the requirement of the VBAI here.

Warm Regards,

Enrique

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,129 Views)