Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roi thickness

Actually the Roi are  displayed with a single pixel thikness. Is it possible to increase the thikness of the roi elements ? We need this feature because sometimes the roi is not visible when applied on images we are using for our application

We also need the features for drag,add multiple roi (see CTRL key) and resize the displayed roi: features still available in labview 2014 . If it is no possible are there alternative solutions that allow us to use the previous mentioned features.

Thank You 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,959 Views)

Hi,

unfortunately the thickness of the roi is not editable, but you can overlap the ROI area with an overlay and on this overlay choose a different thickness.

Speaking about multiple ROIs, is not possible to move more than one ROI a time, but maybe if you explain your needs, we can find another way to do that.

Hope it helps,

have a nice day.

FBM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,944 Views)

Dear FatBoy,

what do you mean for different thickness for the overlay ? Now we transform the roi to an overlay using "imaq overlay roi" function and then we duplicate the roi in order to obtain the requested thikness. But makig this is not possible to modify the roi as by the functionality provided by  Vision (for instance enlarging the rectangle or broken line or moving some edgees... Is there any different possibilities ?

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,938 Views)

Hi,

if you use the VIs for the overlay there's an input called width that lets you choose the thickness of the lines.

Have a nice day.

FBM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,932 Views)

Dear FMB,

the width parameter is only usable in" Imaq Overlay Multiple line 2 " vi and not in "Imaq overlay roi " as we need. Take in account that in Roi can be defined lines /circlles /points that cannot be obtained using multiple lines 2.

Are there other hints or there something we have not understood ? Please if you refer new possibilities please give us the vi name you are referring.

Thank you for cooperation

maxJacq

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,925 Views)

Hi,

my suggestion was to have a ROI and a simple overlay (not physically linked to the ROI) to underline the roi borders with the possibility to choose the size of the line.

Hope it helps,

have a nice day.

FBM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,915 Views)

Hi,

Your suggestion could be usefull but how to underline exactly a Roi border with the possibility to choose the size of line if the roi could be a free hand or circular ?

Thank You

maxjacq

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,883 Views)

Are you talking LabView? If so I have a VI that simulates a thicker ROI using miltiple overlays as FatBoy suggests. If this is what you are after, let me know and I will post it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,838 Views)

Yes, if you could please post your VI that'd be great.

Thanks,

Tommy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,421 Views)

Here is a snippet that will let you drop a point of a size you control using the oval tool (not mentioned in my last post).  Including a snippet because I'm not sure what version of LabVIEW you are using, and I think snippets are version agnostic.  Snippets are very cool.  It may be a day or two before I post fat lines. Feel free to bug me if I forget.

Dot_Overlay_Snippet.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,270 Views)