Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read greyscale U8 image from webcam camera

hi

how i can to apply this image that read from a usb2 webcam to my application ?

when this application is running , i see some errors .

thanks.

555.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,814 Views)
Use IMAQ Extract Single Color Plane from Color Image and select appropriate color plane to make it Grayscale(U8).
-If Camera supports you can directly change the acquisition mode.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,808 Views)

thanks 

if it possible for you , please send an image from the directory of this element position.

I cannot find " IMAQ Extract Single Color "

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,801 Views)

I find the "  IMAQ Extract Single Color "

how I config this element to output of " grayscale u8 " for apply to my application.

thanks ! 

excuse me for my bad English 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,797 Views)
How Do I Convert a Color Image to Grayscale? Ref: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ED42C55C29B9B34C862570A60079952E
Thanks
uday
Message 5 of 8
(3,787 Views)

OK ! 

Solved

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,766 Views)

there is some method to extract graysacle image from color image (rgb u32bit to grayscale u8)
but the standard method is use imaq casting image 
because when you use extract color indeed there is some problem based on rgb filter on ccd and also bayer of camera by extracting color some feature will be hide and some other will be bold the thing that maybe is not real image of site that you get photo  (of course sometime we extract a color for find ESP particle or place or remove noise )
bellow image show the vi that you have to use to get standard u8 from u32 image also other method exist for this one but it is simple method  
by the way your coding is so messy and you have to clean up
Untitled.png

Message 7 of 8
(3,725 Views)

Problem is, if you use Vision Assistant you have only one option: Color Plane Extraction

What i don't understand is, why NI did not add the more correct solution under "Processing Functions: Color". 

This should not have been too difficult.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,677 Views)