Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about PCIe-1430 with two camears

HI, everyone:

I'm going to use PCIe-1430 with two linescan CCDs(Atmel SM2 CL2048). It's said that the 1430 has two camera link ports that are completely independent and asynchronous. How can I do if I want the two CCDs acquire images at the same time? I write the proggrame using VC++. I think that using two independent acquisition threads maybe a solution. Is there any other solutions?

Thank you very much for any help!

With regards!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,702 Views)
I am interested in this too. In fact I am having problem on synchronizing two cameras using Matlab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,693 Views)
i think a trigger option is available on PCIe-1430 Card.
Alpesh Prajapati
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,636 Views)
I am trying to do this as well, but am using the IMAQ.dll with a C interface. I've got a capture program I've already created which handles one camera for displaying and saving to disk, but I would like to add a second camera. Ideally I wish to have the two cameras synchronized over the RTSI but am having difficulty understanding the documentation on how to do this. Are there any examples coded up?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,611 Views)

yes, it is true that 1430 has 2 connectors which can work independently, use 2 thread with externel trigger can help you accomplish your work .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,591 Views)

Hi JunXiang,

I have a quick question.  In LabVIEW how to specify the port number for 1430.  I am using

IMAQ Init.vi

IMAQ Grab Setup.vi

IMAQ Grab Acquire.vi

I don't see where I can select the port number.  Each time I run the program, it will acquire an image from the camera which connected to Port0.  I can get image from Port1 using MAX and VISION Acq express VI, just wonder how to use simple LabVIEW to switch the port to port1 and get an image?  Thanks.

Weiyuan

------- LabVIEW 2009, So Easy, Even a Therapist Can Do It -------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,263 Views)
Thanks.  Got it, use Interface::0 for port 0, and ::1 for port1.
Message 7 of 10
(4,245 Views)

Can anyone expand on this topic.

What does it mean to use

Interface::0 for port 0, and ::1 for port1.

I am looking for an example of C or C++ code that shows how to select a particular port on

the PCIe-1430. It appears that such information is not in any of the manuals provided by NI.

I would think that this sort of documentation would be sort of helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,691 Views)

1. From NI's Measurement & Automation Explorer create a new interface under PCIe-1430, say the name is: my_interface.

2. Load Camera file by right click channel 0, then load camera file by right clicking channel 1.

3. when using LabVIEW, say, using IMAQ Init.vi, use my_interface::0 to feed to the "interface name" input, for channel 0.

C should have simular subrotines.

4. I don't use C, hope this is helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,686 Views)

Totally useless information Robot Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,680 Views)