From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in using vision assistant and the subVI

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear labview user and Labview Engineer

I wan to to develop machine vision by using labview. Currently I can capture the image by using my camera and our capture2(1).vi. In other hand I also develop image processing algorithm by using machine vision assistant. After that we generates vi form the vision assistant. The image processing vi working well when using an image from file (using file path).

However when I tried to connect image processing.vi to the capture2(1).vi, I cannot get the measurement result and the output image.

Does any labview user can give me some suggestion to solve this problem?

herewith the capture2(1).vi, the vision assistant file, and screen shot of the front panel that shows problem to display the image from the sub vi

Thank you

Best regards

Sugeng  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,847 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sugeng

Hi Sugeng,

I opened up the VI that you sent to the forum. Since I am unable to open the VI in question (Analysis subVI), I can't give you much pointer of why you didn't get the expected output. You may want to post the sub-VI so that we can give you better feedback.

Meanwhile, I also saw that you subVI doesn't follow recommendation to have all output connection from the Sub-VI located on the right side of the SubVI which may confused or misread your diagram. Do try to follow the recommendation so that your code can be more readable and maintainable.

Regards

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,825 Views)

Hi Meadow

Thank you for you response to my problem.

Could you explain what do you mean with the recomendation is ?

Thank you 

Sugeng

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,811 Views)

It is recommended to have all outputs from a VI or subVI on its right side.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,807 Views)