From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci-1428 no worky

Trying to get a PCI-1428 up and running with a custom camera link camera I built.

Serial communication:

Commands make it to the camera, camera properly responds with 2 bytes for example, but MAX and NI File Generator tell me the response was 8192 bytes of \x00.  What's wrong?

Tried the ..\National Instruments\NI-IMAQ\bin\clsercon.exe file as a serial terminal emulator.  Severly lacking documetation!  How does one use this thing?  I tried:

clsercon.exe /i:img0 /f:test.txt /t:10

__stdin__:1: Error: Command not found

Control lines:

I want to control CC1-4 via the camera link standard.  From what i can tell, the silly software requires an acquisition to be in process before these control lines can be controlled (asserted/deasserted).  Is this really a requirement?  Is there a way to get around that limitation?  I use these control lines to enable imaging on the camera.  Catch 22! Chicken and the egg, etc.

Thanks for the help!

LabView 8.0
MAX 4.0.0.3010
NI Camera File Generator 2.0.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,448 Views)
The clsercon.exe is no longer supported by National Instruments.  LabVIEW and the Camera File Generator by default use the imgSessionSerial Read command rather than imgSessionSerialReadBytes command.  The 8192 bytes of \x00 is the default buffer assigned by the driver.  This buffer will get returned if a timeout occurs or the imgSessionSerialRead does not see a termination character.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,423 Views)